From the Author

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sometimes Life Hurts

"We cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life.  But we can decide what happens in us...how we can take it, what we can do with it....and that is really what counts in the end."  Joseph Fort Newton

I had spent several days taking apart my paintings with glass, taking photos of my art, photo-shopping it, and saving it to a flash drive.  I had about 350 photos on the flash drive when I asked someone to help me to save the last pictures as I am technically inept.  The person at first reported that the flash drive was full.  I was going to get another flash drive when he reported that it took the pictures and had extra storage space.  I didn't realize until several days later, after I had put all of the framed art back together, that the flash drive was defective and he just covered over the other photos and it was too late to rescue the over 200 deleted files. It was devastating to me for a couple of days but I realized that although it was a great loss of time and effort, it was not the end of the world!  I know that many others have experienced much greater losses than I had. I still have my original paintings and drawings and over time I can replace the missing photos.

Life can change in an instant with accidents, sudden illness, death of someone close to us, fires, environmental disasters, crime such as assaults or rape, lawsuits, loss of jobs, etc. In the scheme of this life, the loss of my photos was minor. Sometimes we have to take time to appreciate when things are going well because anything can happen. With faith, hope and love we can find the silver lining in all of life's surprises and remember that we can survive and conquer any obstacles. We have the power to change our focus and find peace.  We have the authority to appreciate what we do have and create a new plan and begin again.

"When you are blue, try painting yourself a different color."  Janet Stewart

Check out my E book or book, The Dying Teach Us How to Live

No comments:

Post a Comment