From the Author

Monday, April 14, 2014

mistakes/forgiveness

As I get older and reflect on my life, I remember the times that I did or said things that were unkind or thoughtless.  I wish I could contact each person and tell them how sorry I am.  It was not my direct intention at the time to hurt someone but I am seeing things from my viewpoint instead of exploring theirs.  I did not "walk in their shoes".  When I am emotional I think primarily about my own feelings and say or do things that I know hurts someone else.  Being sorry does not negate what I did.  I do have to find a way to forgive myself so that I can go on and try harder to be a better person.  Easter is a time to think about what happened to Jesus as people in a crowd mentality became emotional, angry and took their frustrations out on Jesus.  He was tortured and condemned. It is easy to judge others but I wonder if I could have been a part of that crowd because I was afraid to stand up to fear, because I was afraid for my own life. What if I told the crowd that I didn't know Jesus because I didn't have the courage to stand up for what is right?  We have many of these moments in our lives and we have to judge ourselves as Christ would.  We must have the moral strength of faith to become the person God wants us to be.  It is never easy.  We may be called to stand up to the bullies in our own world.  I hope that I can rise to the occasion.  If I ask God's help I know it will be there.  I pray that God will help me become the person He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment