From the Author

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Taking Foot out of mouth syndrome

I often find I open my mouth before I think about what is coming out.  I know some children who have hand, foot and mouth disease.  I suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.  Active listening is a very special gift to give to others that does not cost anything but time and attention.  There is so much wisdom in truly listening to others who have such wonderful knowledge and experience.  Life is about what God is sharing with us and his messages come from many incredible places.  If we are talking, we are not listening.  I find that if there is a way to do something the less travelled way, I jump right in.  I spend an inordinate amount of time taking my foot out of my mouth.  When I remember to listen, it is amazing how much smarter I become.  I hope God has a sense of humor and will laugh at my ignorance.  I am very grateful to everyone who has patience, forgiveness and acceptance for those of us who are actively working on listening and caring skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment