From the Author

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Time is Now

This article was listed by Jeanne Phillips, Dear Abby, as her favorite poem.  Its author is unknown.
                                             
                                                                        The Time is Now
                                                         If you are ever going to love me,
                                                         Love me now, while I can know
                                                         The sweet and tender feelings
                                                         Which from true affection flow.
                                                         Love me now
                                                         While I am living.
                                                         Do not wait until I am gone
                                                         And then have it chiseled in marble,
                                                         Sweet words on ice-cold stone.
                                                         If you have tender thoughts of me,
                                                         Please tell me now.
                                                         If you wait until I am sleeping,
                                                         Never to awaken,
                                                         There will be death between us
                                                         And I won't hear you then.
                                                         So, if you love me, even a little bit,
                                                         Let me know it while I am living
                                                         So I can treasure it. 

When I saw this article, it reminded me of my dad who was 54 years old when he died suddenly.
I think I thought he would always be there and I saw the large father's day card that I forgot to send to him.  I'm sure my dad knew that I loved him but I was busy with my family and didn't tell him often enough in person.  Remember that life is fragile and we don't always have another chance to tell our loved ones how we feel about them.  Love is a wonderful gift that multiplies when we share it!
Check out my book, e book and audio book, "The Dying Teach Us How to Live" and my art gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment