From the Author

Monday, December 31, 2018

New Years Day

New Years Day Prayer:

Dear Lord so far this year I've done well.  I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent.  I'm very thankful for that.  But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.  Amen           Internet and parish bulletin.

Many of us think about what we need help with and what New Years resolutions we will tackle this new year.  Many times we are very motivated to make positive changes at the beginning of the year but after a few weeks or months we are back to our normal lifestyle and behaviors.

Sometimes we need to be exploring other questions and concerns.  In a book called "The 40 day Soulfast", as quoted in Guideposts magazine, the questions that we can ask that are life-changing are:

"What is my purpose?"
"Do I like the person I've become?"
"What frustrates me most or makes me sad?"
What have I accomplished so far in my life?  Is it enough?

"We live in a society that breeds discontent by defining success as bigger homes, nicer cars, and fuller closets.  Gratitude is the cure."  Joshua Becker

I hope for you to have a new year of looking back at all of the wonderful blessings we have received that include family, friends, neighbors, opportunities, love and kindness shared, and a future that includes both conflict and promise.  We all share a responsibility for our own future as well as the future of our country and the world.  We  can begin with thankfulness and hope!

Happy New Year!

Check out my new website to look at my personal art gallery, prints for sale and my published book, e book and audio book, "The Dying Teach Us How to Live"





No comments:

Post a Comment