From the Author

Friday, February 16, 2018

Violence and the Innocent

My heart and soul hurt when I hear about senseless violence, especially when it involves children. I cry for the parents, family, friends and victims. I cry also for the person who committed such an atrocity, who will have to live with this crime for eternity. 

I thank those heroes who put themselves in harm's way to prevent further slaughter and who continue to inspire us to become the best we can be for the time we have on this earth. 

"How you and those dear to you live earns your reputation; how you and those dear to you face death reveals your character."  John William Russell III

I pray for the survivors that they will use this opportunity to thank God for their lives and that they will endeavor to make their lives a beacon of hope for others. 

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of promises for overcoming it."  Helen Keller

With God's help we can find the light of peace, forgiveness and hope that tomorrow brings.

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.  Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."  Albert Schweitzer

My prayer is that God's light will shine through each of us so that collectively we can extinguish the flames of hatred, anger, violence and pain in our world and replace them with flames of love, hope, peace and acceptance. 

May my prayers unite with others to place a blanket of comfort over all who are experiencing the suffering of violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment