From the Author

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Positive Thinking

"Positive thinking is not about expecting the best to happen every time, but accepting that whatever happens is the best for the moment."  Lori Schneider, first woman with multiple sclerosis to summit Mount Everest

In my life, I have found that I used to pray for what I thought would solve my problems but found that the answer was no.  I would often get a different outcome that I never could have imagined.  It was better than what I had requested. Trials in life help us stretch our minds, hearts and souls to become a better, stronger and more innovative person.  It is in the hard times that our true character emerges.  Are we a person who sees the glass as half-empty or half-full? It is our decision and our attitude that can help us appreciate what we have and truly rejoice when others have achievements. I learned to trust in God and make the most of the opportunities I have been given. 

"Faith is a firm trust and conviction that sometimes if God doesn't give you what you think you want, it's not because you don't deserve it, but because you deserve better."  David A. R. White, movie producer, from his book, Between Heaven and Hollywood:  Chasing Your God-Given Dream


No comments:

Post a Comment