From the Author

Friday, November 3, 2017

Thank You!

I heard a story from an acquaintance recently.  His daughter is away at college and has been recently attending some concerts.  She was especially moved by a particular performer and decided to send him an E Mail about how much she enjoyed his show and told him she would be attending his next scheduled concert. 

This gentleman told his audience at his next conference to be quiet for a moment.  He called a cell phone number and it could be heard ringing in the the sudden quiet. The cell phone belonged to his daughter.  She was invited on stage, was able to introduce his next song and met with him after the show.  She was so honored and so excited. 

Why was she singled out?  It was because she took the time to send an honest evaluation to someone she admired.  She appreciated the talent of another human being and took time to tell him something positive and supportive.

How often do we tell our family, friends, co-workers, and acquaintances how much we love, regard and respect them?  Do we remember to tell others how much of a difference they have made in our lives?  Do we thank them for the many times they have "been there" for us?  Or do we wait until they have died when they can't personally hear your praise? 

I had a granddaughter who told me she was writing a paper on her hero.  She told me I was her hero.  I laughed and asked, "Who are you really writing your hero paper on?"  "You," she said.  When she gave me a copy, I had to believe it.  I had no idea she had such wonderful thoughts and love for me.  It was special gift. 

Please give the gift of love, sincere praise and appreciation to the special people in your life and realize that the greatest gifts can't be bought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment