From the Author

Thursday, September 7, 2017

True Friendship

"If you can't dance in the rain with me, you will never be with me in the storm and if you aren't in the storm with me, I don't need you in the sunshine either."  Tracee Blair (Hayslip) facebook post

All of us have "friends" who are always ready to have fun, share the limelight, and enjoy partying.  It is the ones who are with us when times are tough, who listen when we ramble on about our troubles, who go the extra mile when we need them, who are our true friends.

During my life I was often disappointed with individuals who I thought were friends who were not available when I needed them. On the other hand, I was often surprised by people who I did not recognize as friends, who became a wonderful support system and cemented themselves into my life.

It is easy in life to accept the superficial relationship as a friendship.  We take for granted those in the background who quietly sustain and encourage us because they are always there.  They are the ones who validate our core values and push us to do more than we imagine we can accomplish.  I have been blessed to have many life-long friends who have made my life rich and fulfilled.

Take a look at the steadfast workers who may not be "fun" but who have our best interest at heart. Our best friends may include biological family members or life family who are with us through thick and thin. Look around and find those special people who assist us to be the best person we can be, who help with life goals and who are the mainstay of our life.  Appreciate and cherish them as they are gifts from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment