From the Author

Friday, September 1, 2017

The Best I Can Do

"My mother says, "The reward for hard work is hard work," and that's the truth.  It's satisfying to finish something and feel like it's the best you can do."  Alison Krauss, musician, in Garden and Gun

I have struggled to write and illustrate a book, "The Dying Teach Us How to Live" and have completed this book/e book and am starting to write a second.  I have a majority of my original book paintings on display and plan a book signing and a reading of some of the stories.  I am including the handout on my website in case anyone can attend.

                                                         thedyingteachus.com

The only way to achieve a milestone in our lives is to take one step at a time and keep plodding on until the goal is reached.  It takes a certain amount of stubbornness, determination and courage to continue working on a long-term project.  I remember when I attended classes for my master's degree after working all day at my full time job for four years including summers. I was a single parent of five teenagers and had the responsibility to maintain a home. I didn't think I would ever have the degree in my hand and was too tired to care at the end of my journey.

Don't dive up on your dreams and always remember to do the best that you can!

Enjoy Xenia’s best kept secret:  it’s beautiful, spacious X*Act art gallery and theater!

BOOK SIGNING and OPEN HOUSE
For Patricia M. Acker
Author/ Illustrator
The Dying Teach Us How to Live

Tender Stories of Faith, Hope, Love, Angels, Forgiveness and Near-Death Experiences with over 70 Illustrations
Come to see original book paintings and drawings and additional artwork
Enjoy snacks and door prizes!

Saturday, September 23, 2017  
3:00-6:00 PM
X*Act Art Gallery and Theater
45 E. 2nd Street

Xenia, OH  45385


No comments:

Post a Comment