From the Author

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jeremy's accident

Jeremy, my son, had an auto accident.  The car hit black ice, rolled and hit a telephone pole.  He called his wife Kathleen while hanging upside down in his secure in his seat belt.  The air bag deployed and his glasses broke in half.  Kathleen called me and kept me updated the entire time.  It was such a blessing to have Jeremy able to call for help and for Kathleen to call me so soon.  I was able to be praying for Jeremy as the drama unfolded.  God must have special plans for Jeremy and his guardian angel was working overtime.  He did not require emergency room care.  He was surrounded by the love and prayers of his family.  Life can change in just seconds.  There is no warning, no time to say goodbye, I'm sorry, I love you, thank you, I'll miss you, or any message we were too busy to share.  Sometimes we have a wake-up call to remember that every day we have is a blessing and if we are still alive, we have opportunities to communicate to God, our family, our friends, our enemies our thoughts and wishes for them. It is important to remember that life can be short.  It can always be meaningful.  Each moment we have is a gift.  It is up to us how we use it.  If we didn't have the possibility of death, we would not appreciate life.  We can take life for granted or we can embrace it and make a difference in the lives of those around us.  Let us send positive messages for the world and remember to tell others how much we love them.  I love you, Jeremy!

No comments:

Post a Comment