From the Author

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Grandmothers and family

I think about the importance of being a loving role model as a grandmother to my grandchildren.  I find that my influence is very minor in comparison to the parents of my grandchildren.  I am so proud of my children and their wonderful spouses who take parenting and faith very seriously. What a joy it is to spend time with children who are well-behaved and who know they are loved by their parents and family.  It is sometimes hard for parents to compromise and have a united front with their children because they have been raised with different family values and parenting styles.  It is challenging to relate to extended family and in-laws.  It is so exciting when everyone has the well-being of the children as a priority.  I am blessed with not only the best adult children but I also have the the finest daughters and sons-in-law that anyone could ask for.  It is sometimes difficult to be an in-law but the effort to communicate can create the opportunity for emotional, psychological and spiritual growth in the entire family.  These relationships create a comforting, safe environment for children and their family.  Marriages create a bigger circle of family to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment