From the Author

Monday, January 21, 2019

Dr Martin Luther King Jr

"Everything that is done in this world is done by hope."  Martin Luther King, Jr

Sometimes when we listen to the news, we can become very discouraged because of all of the disruption in the government and the world.  On the other hand we can find stories of incredible kindness and selflessness that reminds us of hope. 

"You have as much laughter as you have faith."  Martin Luther King, Jr

I came home to see my neighbor with a snow blower clearing my driveway of about 6 inches of snow.  I was surprised when I spoke with him that in fact he was not my neighbor.  He was his twin brother whom I had only met one time.  He brought his snowblower on a truck to clear his brother's driveway and then did mine.  I offered to pay him money but he refused as he promised to clear my snow whenever he could. This was a huge gift to me and I am so grateful to know the kindness of a man who apparently spends his life bringing hope to others.  He brought light into my life and a huge smile as I accepted this gift that is far more than removing snow.  He was adding hope! 

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." Martin Luther King Jr 

Martin Luther King Jr planted many trees that still flourish today.  Even though the world is chaotic, there are many beautiful signs of his philosophy of forgiveness, non-violent acts of civil disobedience to right wrongs, encouragement for making positive change and to pave the road for justice.  He gave his life for a purpose.

"Until justice rolls down like water and righteousness like a mighty stream....True peace is not merely the absence of tension, it is the presence of Justice."
Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Check out my book, e book and audio book for "The Dying Teach Us How to Live" and my art gallery and artwork for sale   illuminangels.com


No comments:

Post a Comment