From the Author

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Laughter

I was with my pinochle playing card group when something unexpected happened.  We claim we play pinochle but mostly we are just friends sharing our lives, successes, failures, and just being ourselves.  One night we were talking and we all suddenly burst out laughing after one of us spoke.  It wasn't a joke, we were just laughing at ourselves.  We were laughing so hard, we had tears in our eyes.  It was such fun to let go of the worries of our world and just simply enjoy being together. 

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Unknown

"When a smile breaks open into laughter, hearts open! Laughter creates space, ease and connection.  Laughter is our soul's joy song."  Tracee Ellis Ross, actress

The difference in our joy involves whether we are laughing with someone or at someone.  This is a very important distinction! 

"Don't laugh at other people. When you do, the people around you naturally wonder whether you sometimes laugh at them."  Jeff Haden, writer

Let It Snow

I made myself a snowball,
As perfect as could be,
I thought I'd keep it as a pet, 
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas,
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away, 
But first--it wet the bed.  
Unknown

Good friends never "run" away!  Have a wonderful life and share a laugh with someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment