From the Author

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Judgement

This is a poem I have saved for years.

I dreamt death came the other night
And Heaven's gate opened wide.
An Angel with a halo bright

And there to my astonishment
Stood folks I'd judged and labeled
As "quite unfit" of "little worth"
and "spiritually disabled."

Indignant words rose to my lips
but never were set free
For every face showed stunned surprise,
Not one expected me.
                                     Lulu Williams
                                      Age 107

It is very easy to judge.  It is much harder to take time to see beyond the facade of makeup, clothing, attitude, race, economic status, country of origin, sexual orientation, religion, and social standing to find the unique person that is loved and valued by God.  He is the only and final judge.  Who am I to cast the first stone?  Love, acceptance, compromise and respect are the keys to peace and prosperity.


No comments:

Post a Comment