From the Author

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Wishing

"May your life be as you wish it.  May you wish it as it is. " A quote from Katherine Wright's yearbook. 

There is a considerable amount of wisdom in these words, especially today.  Sometimes we spend so much time wishing things were different, we waste our life on regret. 

Instead, we can look at what we have and appreciate what we do have.  Simple but mighty.  Life is too short to waste on regret.  We can live today and hope that the future, although very different, may in many ways be better than what we had before the virus.  

I am finding that my computer skills are increasing as I attempt to live my life as much as possible from home.  I am connecting with family and friends in unusual ways.  I have time to think about why I am here and what I hope to accomplish with my life.  I thought about all of the men and women who have lost their lives in the military service.  We must make their sacrifices worth something by living our lives fully in the moment.  

There are many heroes both in and out of the military.  People in the medical field such as doctors, nurses, chaplains, nurse aids, housekeeping staff, emergency medical staff, employees in gas stations, stores, pharmacists, cab drivers, nursing home workers, food bank and other volunteers, school teachers, flight attendants, pilots, bus drivers, etc.  The list is endless and the kindness of others silently takes away the fear and isolation. 

Remember to bring hope to others.  Pray for those who are ill or working many hours to keep us going.  Remember, a mask worn by us can protect others around us if we are carriers of the virus.  It may protect us, especially to remember not to touch our face unnecessarily.  

Life is a journey.  Let us help each other so that the journey is easier and safer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment