From the Author

Monday, November 11, 2019

Veterans Day

Veterans come in all shapes and sizes, all faiths, all colors, all ages, and all have represented their country.  They are the inspiration and heroes that keep our country safe and in front of the world.  They are also fathers, sons, brothers and grandfathers. The children are watching and imagining being a part of the world of the military.

Toy Soldier

My six-year-old was playing with his toy soldiers, using a different voice for each one.

Soldier Number 1
I have a bazooka, and I make a big boom.

Soldier Number 2
I have a pistol that goes bang.

Soldier Number 3
I have a Swiffer, and I can make your house really clean.

That last soldier caught my attention.  On further examination, I discovered that Soldier number 3 was holding a mine detector.  

Donna Lawrence, Albin, Iowa

Military men and women make a difference in the world along with firemen, police, and all individuals who put themselves in harms way to keep all of us safe.  

THANK YOU!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment