From the Author

Friday, November 9, 2018

Books

From the New York Times:
"A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic:  the cosmologist Carl Sagan once said, 'It's a flat object made from a tree with flexible parts on which are imprinted lots of funny dark squiggles.  But one glance at it and your're inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years.' As a physical object and a feat of technology, the printed book is hard to improve upon.  Apart from minor cosmetic tweaks, the form has barely evolved since the codex first arose as an appealing alternative to scrolls around 2,600 years ago."

I have loved books all of my life.  They could transport me anywhere in the world.  I could get to know the lifestyle, environment, family and friends of someone from another culture, country or faith. 

Books can be the means to express our deepest feelings, our love of people, our love of the world, our faith, hope and dreams. I have a paperback book, e book and audio book. I was talking to a potential buyer and she said, "I like a book I can hold in my hands and take my time reading it."  Others like to read a book on the computer, tablet, or electronic means.  Others like to download an audio book and listen to it as they travel or have lost their vision and need to "hear" their books.  Books are our friends and a great source of comfort, education, mind traveling, and our window to the world! 

Check out my e book, audio book and book, "The Dying Teach Us How to Live" on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment