From the Author

Friday, June 29, 2018

I Helped Him Cry

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge, The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

"The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.  Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his mother asked him what he had just said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."

I had had many times in my life when things seemed very dark and overwhelming. It was then that my family members or my friends were there to "help me cry."  They were there to remind me that love and compassion can provide encouragement, hope and trust that life will get better with help and emotional support.

Many individuals wonder what to say to family and friends after their loved one has died or to someone who is very ill.  The beauty is that we don't have to "say" anything.  We just have to "be there".  With observation it is often apparent what is needed and how that need can be met.  All of us have times in our lives when we need the services of those who love us or strangers who become our earth angels. These angels make life easier during our turn to the experience trials and obstacles in our life.

Remember to keep your eyes and heart open to others who need you to "help them cry" and to find faith again!

Check out my book, e book and video

No comments:

Post a Comment